Long Pepper Overview
Long pepper (pippali) or Indian long pepper is basically a flowering vine. The pepper that is used is the fruit of this plant. It offers a lot of health benefits for the human body. As most of the ancient herbs, long pepper works in a dual manner - as a medicinal substance and as a cooking ingredient. This one is used to cure the problems of cough, colds, fever and a number of stomach ailments. Its an aromatic spice that makes many recipes tasty and its also used in balms which are used to soothe the muscular problems and acts as a nerve depressant. So guys, have a look here at this overview to know what this spice all about is and the health benefits that it provides.
What is Long Pepper
Long pepper is also known as Indian long pepper, Dried Catkins, Pippali, Pipal, Tippali, Pihal and Javanese Long Pepper or Indonesian long pepper. It is commonly used in Mediterranean, Indian, African and Indonesian cuisines. This pepper has a similar taste to the pepper that is generally used in households but it is a bit hotter. It is a relative of black pepper and its found in many forms like- long chili pepper, long red pepper and long green pepper.
Health Benefits of Long Pepper
1. Long pepper helps in removing the mucus that has collected in the respiratory tract.
2. It helps in strengthening the nervous system and at the same time it also improves the condition of the gastrointestinal tract.
3. This spice even helps to normalize peristaltic movement (symmetrical contraction and relaxation of the muscles that propagate in a wave down the muscular tube).
4. A good use of this pepper serves as a very good agent for curing the problems of the digestive tract.
5. It helps in treating many skin related problems like it helps in healing a wound when you apply it in the form of oil.
6. This pepper even gives support in suppressing pain and reducing inflammation in many parts of the body.
7. Long peppers also help in toning up the urinary tract.
8. You can get rid of the problem of hiccups if you take this pepper by mixing it with honey.
9. This pepper makes up a great remedy for curing the problems of asthma, bronchitis and chronic cough disease.
It also helps in controlling the symptoms of the distresses of malaria, diarrhea, piles and pain in the abdomen, ingestion, cholera, tongue paralysis, hyperactivity, flatulence and anorexia. Besides this, long pepper gives relief from the sickness of insomnia. It is also used to get cure from the problem of drowsiness. So guys, this is the outlook of the use of long peppers for curing so many health problems. So do try using this spice and add not only a good taste to your mouth but a good health to your body as well.